Introducing a new platform to users can be a daunting task for hosts. Below you can find a script written for hosts who may want to make a toast or announcement to get all new users acquainted with the platform on their first event
This welcome message can be given using the Toast feature. It is typically given once or twice during the arrivals period of a meeting, which normally happens in the first 5-10 minutes).
Welcome to the [name of room] Room! I’m [host name] and I am the host of this room. You’ll notice your sound is muted while I speak so I apologize for the interruption and I’ll be sure to keep this brief.
I know this is likely a new environment for many of you so here are a couple of tips to help you explore and interact with each other:
- In the upper left of your screen, there is a map icon and a map of the room. The map can be dismissed and opened by clicking the white map icon. If you hover over a dot on the map, it will show you the name of the person.
- You may have noticed by now that you can move. Navigate around the room by holding down your arrow keys. You can also move by placing the mouse cursor in an open space on your screen and clicking and holding when the arrow appears.
- You can zoom in and out using the plus and minus keys in the lower-left corner.
- If you don’t want to hear the music, you can turn it down or off in the middle bottom of your screen.
- When you move around, the sound of others will change volumes, unless you are in an audio group. An audio group is indicated by the translucent rings around you and others. When you move out of audio group range, the translucent ring will disappear and the volume will go down.
That’s all I have for now. I hope you enjoy being with us today.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about best practices for hosts, please reach out to email@example.com